DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Idea Reality Ltd
1. Idea Reality Policy and Summary
Idea Reality has a Data Protection Policy and also a Cookies Policy that can be read by clicking on these links (DP Policy) (Cookies Policy) or by asking us directly for a copy. This document is a product of that policy. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and PECR are the main stem of Data Protection provisions within UK and this company will comply with all relevant legislation.
For customers of Idea Reality (customers includes anyone who ‘purchases’ anything from our website as well as those seeking our product design services) where we have captured personal data in order to service your requirements and provide you with relevant information into the future. This will be done under the auspices of Legitimate Interest and Contract. In some circumstances we may use Consent as a reason for retention.
For employees of the company as well as contractors; the auspices of contract from each contracted person/entity will be used for holding data. The minimum but adequate personal details will be held in accordance with the specific requirement of the individuals.
It may be necessary to pass personal data to third parties in the course of the running of the business such as using a web builder or using a mailing service. Where this is necessary the third parties will be required to treat the data in accordance with relevant legislation and be subject to Non-disclosure provisions. They will be required to treat the data securely and only for the purpose specified by the Idea Reality.
Idea Reality is the data controller and the person responsible in the company is Sarah Marney and her contact details are set out below. All personal data will be kept in the company offices in a secure fashion. The data will only be used for the purposes it was collected.
Sarah Marney, our Data Protection Manager can be contacted through, +44(0) 3330 119940, or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and any subsequent legislation.
3. Who are we?
We are Idea Reality Ltd a product design business based in Andover, Hampshire UK. The Data Protection Manager (Sarah Marney) is responsible for the use and security of your data.
4. How do we process your personal data?
Idea Reality complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
· To provide product and design information and services to our customers;
· To administer the company including the provisions required for all employees;
· To maintain our own accounts and records;
· To promote Idea Reality as an established professional design organization in UK;
5. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
· Processing is necessary, using Legitimate Interest for carrying out obligations under financial, employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
· Processing where contracts are the essential element;
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with personnel and other organisations associated with Idea Reality in order provide company services. We will only share your data with third parties for the running of the company subject to relevant legal provisions incumbent on all.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the ICO guidance. Normally customer data that has not involved a financial transaction in its capture is kept for 2 years after which the customer will be asked to consent to further retention. Customers who have undertaken a financial transaction with the company will also have their data held for 5 years for information provision purposes as well as for repeat business and 7 years as required by HMRC. Contractors and Employees data will be reduced to a minimum on completion of the contract and only kept a record of employment/service for reference purposes. All Financial records and associated personal data will be kept for the year of the transaction and 6 full tax years following.
8. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which Idea Reality holds about you;
· The right to request that Idea Reality corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Idea Reality to retain;
· The right to withdraw your consent (if under the consent permission) to the processing at any time;
· The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Further processing
If Idea Reality wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Your part in Data protection
It would be very useful if you could make a point of keeping the company informed of any changes to the information we hold about you.
11. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Data Protection Manager. Sarah Marney on +44(0) 3330 119940, or email@example.com
or Idea Reality Ltd, 2nd Floor Offices, 4 Bridge Street, Andover SP10 1BH
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Types of data we collect
When someone visits ideareality.design we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for support videos, documents and monthly e-newsletter that we offer to you on our website, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our communications to you. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your information is only accessible to third parties which help us to manage our business, such as our Accountants, our Customer Relationship System, Web Hosting.
Please rest assured that none of the above partners are able contact you unless you tell them this is acceptable. We will not share sensitive information or your payment details. This is something you will control.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Sarah Marney at email@example.com
We will action these requests as quickly as possible for you.