Why launch your product on social media? Well, we see it like this: you had a brilliant idea. You've gone through the design process to develop this idea into a product. We tested, refined, and perfected this product - and now it's ready to go into crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is a very important stage of the process - this is when you can start telling the world your idea, and ask your loyal fans to support you by investing into your product and you brand; and help you kickstart your new business venture. One of the ways you can help tell the world you're here and your product is great is by using social media - we wanted to share our top tips on how to launch your product on social media.
- Pick the right social media platforms. When it comes to launching your product on social media, it's important you know where your audience and your fans live: is it Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn? These are the more popular social media platforms, but there are also country-specific and community-specific platforms. Do you research and find out where your ideal customer lives - then focus on those platforms.
- Start early. When it comes to promoting your crowdfunding campaign, you want to think about using social media as early in the process as possible - do it as soon as you can talk about your product and even before the campaign is live! This will help your campaign as you will already have an existing following to inform on launch day.
- Make sure your posts include a link back to your crowdfunding campaign. It sounds very basic, but we've all seen it before - a brilliant post which encourages fans to go and support your campaign - but there's no URL back to the website. Make it super easy for your fans to be able to go and fund you, and share the news!
- Have a clear call to action. You're on social media because you want your supporters to do something: is it to visit your website and find out more about a product? Then include a link and ask them to visit your website in order to find out more about the product. Is it to share your crowdfunding campaign with their friends? Then ask them to share the post on their feeds. Is it to support your campaign? Then ask them. Being transparent on social media with what you want your audience to do will help you achieve your goals!
- Keep your posts engaging. Use images of your product, how to and crowdfunding videos, behind the scenes of your journey - all of this will help your posts get noticed in social media feeds and will create shareable content.