Engineering, material selection and functionality
This stage of the product design process involves the engineering and fine tuning of the chosen concept to enable a first prototype to be made. As the style has been established in the previous concept design stage we can now focus on the finer detail. Changes identified following presentation of concepts such as size adjustments may also be made. The outcome of this stage is normally a design ready to be prototyped.
Product Prototype Development
Production engineering and fine tuning for prototype
Following on from prototype construction, areas of improvement are identified and the design further refined. Different prototypes may be constructed before deciding the product is ready for manufacture. During this process we involve the manufacturers to gain their feedback and recommendations. Every product design is unique and presents its own set of challenges. Working with our network of suppliers and manufacturers we can ensure this process runs smoothly. The picture shows a simulation of molten plastic flow during the injection moulding process. By analysing the flow we can identify potential problems with moulding and correct before tooling begins.
We have the skills
In case you didn't know
Here’s some great reasons to work with us…
- You retain 100% of your idea including new IP we develop for you.
- All communication is strictly confidential and free NDA forms provided.
- You control the pace of your project and the route you take.
- Personal service with your own experienced design manager to guide you.
- Our service is low cost to suit start-ups, inventors and small businesses.
- Benefit from our network of professionals across multiple disciplines.
- Specialists in crowdfunding and other forms of investment & licencing.
- Benefit from our years of experience and efficient product design service.
- Explore the options with a FREE consultation and product idea advice.
Idea Reality provides low cost product design, product development, prototyping and 3D CAD services. We specialise in working with clients within the UK, Europe and all over the world. Offering assistance to individuals, start-ups and established companies, with a product idea requiring development or existing product ranges that need improving.
Our main office is in Andover within Hampshire, UK and we have meeting facilities in central London. With a modern efficient service utilising the benefits of online collaboration you can remain comfortable with the pace and breadth of your project. Our goal is to deliver great product ideas to market.
- New Product Design and Development
- 3D CAD Design and Drawing
- Product Prototyping
- Sales Visuals and Presentations
- Manufacture design and support