Idea Reality Product Design Blog
Helpful and informative posts can be found on our product design blog to help you get you product idea to market.
We’re animal people here at Idea Reality - we don’t just love our furry friends, we also love making their lives a little easier. We think happier pets = happier owners! Here is a roundup of our current favourite innovative pet products, and we’re proud to say we have had the pleasure to work on a couple of them!
CATIPILLA CLIMBING SYSTEM
Catipilla is a high quality, contemporary cat climbing system which can be used both indoors and outdoors around your home. This product appeals to a cat’s natural climbing instincts by pro dividing and exciting and challenging environment - and can be used to help cats get in and out of the house.
We worked with Catipilla to develop this system - it was designed using a variety of materials and innovative production process selection. The climbing system combines many types of plastic injection and expanded foam mouldings, along with quality aluminium extrusions and other metal fabrication processes.
Catipilla is designed to hold the weight of cats, but collapse under the weight of a person if one should attempt the climb! (This is strongly inadvisable).
Catipilla is manufactured in the UK and helps cats have fun indoors; and should they wish to venture out, you don’t need to worry about your cat being stuck outside as they can use the frame to climb back in to the house!
HING DESIGNS PET BOWL
We worked together with Hing Designs to create the Hing Dome Bowl for pets - known for their stylish accessories and innovative solutions, Hing Designs collaborated with Idea Reality to develop the design reducing the number of parts for a cost effective design which maximised style and quality.
The Dome Bowl features a titled bowl which provides an ergonomic feeding position for cats, dogs, and is suitable for other small animals like rabbits. The bowl product design features a 2 part injection moulded construction with a removable stainless steel bowl and non-slip feet.
This product is in full production and available to purchase in a range of contemporary colours from retailers like Pets at Home, Amazon, and Waitrose.
DYSON GROOM ATTACHMENT
We love our furry friends but ask every pet owner what their biggest ‘pet peeve’ is and we can guarantee most of the troubles will be associated with pet hair. It’s everywhere. Which is why we love Dyson Groom - an add on tool which is compatible with most Dyson vacuum cleaners that works hard to remove hair which is about to be shed from your pets.
It captures dead skin cells and can even get to their undercoat before it all starts settling all over your home, clothes, car… well, everywhere!
If you didn’t know this, we’re here to tell you that subscription boxes exist for your pawsome pals! If you have a canine friend who you would like to spoil with treats once a month then read on.
You fill our your dogs profile so the team at Pawsome can select their perfect products, then choose a subscription plan for the number of months you want to receive the box, and the box of puppy goodies will arrive on your doorstep.
Why launch your product on social media? Well, we see it like this: you had a brilliant idea. You've gone through the design process to develop this idea into a product. We tested, refined, and perfected this product - and now it's ready to go into crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is a very important stage of the process - this is when you can start telling the world your idea, and ask your loyal fans to support you by investing into your product and you brand; and help you kickstart your new business venture. One of the ways you can help tell the world you're here and your product is great is by using social media - we wanted to share our top tips on how to launch your product on social media.
- Pick the right social media platforms. When it comes to launching your product on social media, it's important you know where your audience and your fans live: is it Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn? These are the more popular social media platforms, but there are also country-specific and community-specific platforms. Do you research and find out where your ideal customer lives - then focus on those platforms.
- Start early. When it comes to promoting your crowdfunding campaign, you want to think about using social media as early in the process as possible - do it as soon as you can talk about your product and even before the campaign is live! This will help your campaign as you will already have an existing following to inform on launch day.
- Make sure your posts include a link back to your crowdfunding campaign. It sounds very basic, but we've all seen it before - a brilliant post which encourages fans to go and support your campaign - but there's no URL back to the website. Make it super easy for your fans to be able to go and fund you, and share the news!
- Have a clear call to action. You're on social media because you want your supporters to do something: is it to visit your website and find out more about a product? Then include a link and ask them to visit your website in order to find out more about the product. Is it to share your crowdfunding campaign with their friends? Then ask them to share the post on their feeds. Is it to support your campaign? Then ask them. Being transparent on social media with what you want your audience to do will help you achieve your goals!
- Keep your posts engaging. Use images of your product, how to and crowdfunding videos, behind the scenes of your journey - all of this will help your posts get noticed in social media feeds and will create shareable content.
If you're a new inventor, or a business who has not worked with Idea Reality before, we want to introduce you to our new special offer - available for a limited time only! You can book a professional creative session with our Hampshire product design team for a small investment; explore your product idea even further and get involved in the early stages of the product before your project goes in to design, development, and prototype!
Idea Review and Brainstorming Session With our Hampshire Product Design Team
You will receive up to 2 hours with 2 or more of our Hampshire product design team; have the opportunity to explore options for your product design (features, construction, manufacture process) before investing further into development; identify any potential new areas of IP - the normal cost for this session is usually over £250! You are not behind the scenes but upfront when it comes to brainstorming ideas and thinking about the design of your product.
Product Patent and Market Search Report
Our Hampshire product design team will carry out a basic patent search, perform an investigation into the current market, and produce a guidance report based on what they found out. This is an ideal form of early due diligence - it will help us to differentiate your product idea from what is already out on the market. The service for this package is usually in excess of £250!
Brainstorm and Research Special Offer
We're offering you all of the above for a small investment of £300 if you're an inventor or company who has not worked with us before. We want to show you that product design and development is not as scary as it can look if you're unsure about the process - if this sounds like something you want to talk to us about, visit our Brainstorm and Research Special Offer page or contact us on 03330 119940 or email [email protected] with your details.