Idea Reality Product Design Blog
Helpful and informative articles to help you get you product idea to market.
Why launch your product on social media? Well, we see it like this: you had a brilliant idea. You've gone through the design process to develop this idea into a product. We tested, refined, and perfected this product - and now it's ready to go into crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is a very important stage of the process - this is when you can start telling the world your idea, and ask your loyal fans to support you by investing into your product and you brand; and help you kickstart your new business venture. One of the ways you can help tell the world you're here and your product is great is by using social media - we wanted to share our top tips on how to launch your product on social media.
- Pick the right social media platforms. When it comes to launching your product on social media, it's important you know where your audience and your fans live: is it Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn? These are the more popular social media platforms, but there are also country-specific and community-specific platforms. Do you research and find out where your ideal customer lives - then focus on those platforms.
- Start early. When it comes to promoting your crowdfunding campaign, you want to think about using social media as early in the process as possible - do it as soon as you can talk about your product and even before the campaign is live! This will help your campaign as you will already have an existing following to inform on launch day.
- Make sure your posts include a link back to your crowdfunding campaign. It sounds very basic, but we've all seen it before - a brilliant post which encourages fans to go and support your campaign - but there's no URL back to the website. Make it super easy for your fans to be able to go and fund you, and share the news!
- Have a clear call to action. You're on social media because you want your supporters to do something: is it to visit your website and find out more about a product? Then include a link and ask them to visit your website in order to find out more about the product. Is it to share your crowdfunding campaign with their friends? Then ask them to share the post on their feeds. Is it to support your campaign? Then ask them. Being transparent on social media with what you want your audience to do will help you achieve your goals!
- Keep your posts engaging. Use images of your product, how to and crowdfunding videos, behind the scenes of your journey - all of this will help your posts get noticed in social media feeds and will create shareable content.
If you're a new inventor, or a business who has not worked with Idea Reality before, we want to introduce you to our new special offer - available for a limited time only! You can book a professional creative session with our Hampshire product design team for a small investment; explore your product idea even further and get involved in the early stages of the product before your project goes in to design, development, and prototype!
Idea Review and Brainstorming Session With our Hampshire Product Design Team
You will receive up to 2 hours with 2 or more of our Hampshire product design team; have the opportunity to explore options for your product design (features, construction, manufacture process) before investing further into development; identify any potential new areas of IP - the normal cost for this session is usually over £250! You are not behind the scenes but upfront when it comes to brainstorming ideas and thinking about the design of your product.
Product Patent and Market Search Report
Our Hampshire product design team will carry out a basic patent search, perform an investigation into the current market, and produce a guidance report based on what they found out. This is an ideal form of early due diligence - it will help us to differentiate your product idea from what is already out on the market. The service for this package is usually in excess of £250!
Brainstorm and Research Special Offer
We're offering you all of the above for a small investment of £300 if you're an inventor or company who has not worked with us before. We want to show you that product design and development is not as scary as it can look if you're unsure about the process - if this sounds like something you want to talk to us about, visit our Brainstorm and Research Special Offer page or contact us on 03330 119940 or email [email protected] with your details.