It happens to the best of us: you’re on a roll and nearly finished planning your idea when all of a sudden the motivation runs out and you’re left with countless cups of coffee staring at the computer screen at 2AM trying to make sense of your brilliant idea. We wanted to share with you 5 tips on staying motivated for inventors – whenever you feel like you’re in a slump, use this as a motivational checklist to get your creativity back and on track!
- Walk away from the computer or drawing board. The first thing to do is to remove yourself from the screen of your PC or put down the pencil and take a break. If you’re staying in an office, try a completely different activity or go and make everyone a cup of tea; if you can leave your office then go for a walk, grab a coffee, or even go home for the day. You can’t push creativity and sometimes all you need to make a strong comeback is just a simple break.
- Get inspired. Read a book, watch a film, listen to music, or visit a gallery/museum – inspiration comes from the strangest places! It’s easy to get stuck in our own minds, but by keeping up with your interests you are giving your brain new information all the time – this will help keep you motivated and creative throughout the process.
- Talk to someone. Catch up with friends or family and ask their opinions on your project – you may be stuck on a detail which you can’t see a solution for, but someone else will! Or maybe you just need a cheerleader in your life – someone who will tell you how brilliant your idea is and how you CAN make it happen!
- Get physical. Exercise is proven to boost brain performance so grab a pair of trainers or a yoga mat and indulge in your favourite physical exercise – one of our fun tips to help inventors stay motivated!
- Get help with your design project. It’s not easy working alone, especially if you’re struggling with a particular stage of the project. Ask for help – that’s what we’re here for. We help companies, start ups, and solopreneurs turn their idea into reality at different stages of the process – from the very beginning like brainstorming ideas, to the end when your product needs to launch. Call us on 03330 119940 or e-mail email@example.com to start the conversation!